Printable Record of Time & Suggested Placement Guide
We also provide an alternative for the "do-it-yourselfer"!
We highly recommend every child having their own timeline notebook to personalize through their school years and keep with them forever! This printable version will allow you to print off notebook pages for as many children as you need, making it a more affordable alternative for larger families!
• Suggested grades: K-12
• ISBN: 9780981552347
• (Printable timeline pages only - does NOT include timeline figures)
- The Printable Record of Time includes one-hundred and twenty-five pages containing timeline pages that are dated from 5000 BC to 2025 AD in PDF format, in both HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL formats. Each page contains faint background lines to keep written notations neat, as well as notable, inspiring quotes pertaining to the time period! A signature page is also included to personalize the Record Book with your child's name and date! A blank lined page is also included should you wish to expand your timeline.
- We also include a BONUS MAP, making 18 pages of maps, both ancient and modern world, to add interest in your child's studies!
- Also included is our Printable Suggested Placement Guide in both horizontal and NEW vertical format, especially for this product! The Suggested Placement Guide will help you see what is coming on each page, and help you make an intelligent choice for placement of our timeline figures.
Although designed to hold our HISTORY Through the Ages Historical Timeline Figures, it can be used in any way your imagination takes you!
- Timelines appeal to me. They aid visual, kinesthetic, spatial, and logical thinkers. What's not to love? Well, the work of putting together a visually appealing, cohesive, historically-accurate timeline, for one. How about the time it takes to find all of those little pictures? What about deciding which dates to include? What about figuring out how to put the thing together? What about figuring out where to put it? The details of the timeline were dragging me down, threatening the reality of creating one in our home. It seemed to me that some sort of timeline was a foregone conclusion in our home school, but there were several burdens to bear. Although I could have done the work myself, it is more likely that the timeline would have fallen by the wayside without a little outside intervention. I found the help that I needed to make the timeline happen in our home at Homeschool in the Woods. Their History Through the Ages Timeline answered many of my questions, solved some problems, and simplified everything else... - Susan S.
...Read the full review at: http://www.thecurriculumchoice.com/2011/09/history-through-the-ages-timeline-cds/
- Amy Pak has created what might well be the most comprehensive collection of timeline figures. On top of that, she supplies creative teaching suggestions for using timeline figures. The figures themselves are all drawn by Amy so they have a consistent style to them... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-through-ages-timeline.htm
- I have long been interested in doing history timelines with my children, but there are a variety of ways of going about it. I wanted creative and well-drawn interesting timeline figures with brief summaries of the person, place, or event we were studying. I wanted a guideline that would help me in this placement so I knew I was not totally off the mark. I wanted a beautiful book that we could use for many years that we could refer back to again and again. I wanted versatility for many ages, and I wanted it to be worth the money. Money does not come easy to most homeschool families - is this a resource that has staying power? I believe Amy Pak's HISTORY Through the Ages timeline resources have succeeded in providing all of these things and much more!... - Kate Kessler, Product Reviews Manager, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC
- Utilizing a timeline adds a unique visual touch to history studies. It is a wonderfully useful adjunct that allows one to glimpse the "big picture" when it comes to chronology and relevancy of all that has past. A timeline can help us remember important dates, events, people, empires, architectural developments, presidential offices and more, while also allowing us to see some of the connections or relationships between these things. What was going on in the world when Shakespeare was writing comedies, tragedies and poetry? Who was President during WWII? Who was living and what was going on when Jesus was crucified? What classic authors lived at the same time? What else was going on during the Industrial Revolution? History is fascinating. Creating and using a timeline can help make it fun too! Thus, I want to share some of my absolute favorites resources from Homeschool in the Woods that we have used with success and joy in our homeschool... - Tina
...Read the full review at: http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-history-through-ages-timeline.html
- OK, here it is. As far as I'm concerned, this product rates number one out of every homeschooling related product out there! Amy Pak's timeline figures are outstanding and are absolutely the best! No more wasting time looking for pictures all over the web. No more worrying about dates, correct spellings, chronological order or any of that as it is all done for you in these versatile and economical timeline figure sets. - Jolene Underwood - The Homeschool Source