Get to know 33 master artists whose styles spanned the centuries with our Artists Activity-Pak! Also learn about various art movements such as the Baroque, Renaissance, Impressionist, various Modern, Americana, and more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780981552323
• All Masters, Directions, and Photos Provided (Supplies Not Included)
Other lap book projects include vocabulary terms as well as a variety of mediums used by artists. There is also a pocket designed to hold various works your child will create as they mimic the masters. By experimenting with the techniques and styles of various artists, he will not only become exposed to different media, but try his hand at creating works in the same styles himself!
Also included is the File Folder Game, Art Gallery! Travel around the game board by answering questions about works of art by 18 different artists. Provided are printable cards with 60 images of famous works, along with the name of the work, the artists, the medium it was done in, and the year it was created.
And finally, a printable, personal Art Sketchbook containing over 20 quotes from various artists. Journaling through artwork is a practice in exploring the world around you through observation and imitation. As Pablo Picasso says, "Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." So true!
Beautifully detailed Masters are provided for all printable projects! The Directions Pages will provide printing and assembly instructions.
Also included are step-by-step illustrated directions for assembling the lap book.
- Art Media
- Art Movements
- Paint Box Vocabulary
- Paint Like the Masters!
- Artist Exhibition (33 Artists)
- Da Vinci
- Van Gogh
- Juan de Pareja
- El Greco
- Grandma Moses
- Amy, thank you so much for this one! My son - who is very much a perfectionist and has an aversion to art because he thinks he can't do it "well enough" - is really enjoying this unit! He loves art history, so I'm centering it around the history and working the artwork in with it. We just got done with Henri Rousseau, he did a leaf-print watercolor, and is really proud of it. Thanks for making a way to teach art to non-artsy kids! - Jen
- Mrs. Pak, thank you very much for making it fun and easy for me to earn my Artist badge for Webelos. I haven't really liked art in the past, but I love art history and your lapbook was really fun to do. I even had fun with making the projects! That's never happened before. Thank you! - Tyler D. (grade 5)
- Here is a fun, interactive, multi-sensory way to learn about more than 30 artists and their works plus a whole lot more. The completion of a Lap Book is the result of this CD, which includes all the instructions, masters, and background information you need. You may make multiple copies for your family's use only... The suggested grades are 3-8. I think you could widen this bracket. Both older and younger children would enjoy and benefit from this thorough art-appreciation curriculum. Younger children may need help with some of the assembly and research. I would suggest making all copies before you start so you don't have to stop in the middle when the momentum is going... This Artists Activity Pak would be a fun addition to your history studies or an excellent project to do over the summer. It would also be an ideal "show and tell" for grandmas and grandpas. - Kathy Gelzer, The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, LLC November 2009