Activity Study: Great Empires
History is made up of the rise and fall of empires... peoples who were at one time a great civilization... Take a break from your regular studies to enjoy learning about them!
Included in this study are over 35 projects, games, recipes, links, and the history of fourteen empires! Generally, each empire's materials can be covered in 1-3 days. Of course, that can be stretched out if you choose to pursue additional activities or study using the web links and reading suggestions provided.
• Suggested grades: Elementary
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780984204151
• All Text, Masters, Directions, and Photos Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Text is provided for an overview of each empire.
- Beautifully detailed masters are provided for all printable projects!
- The "Activities" pages will provide printing and assembly instructions, as well as interesting web links, a mapping project, recipes geared toward each culture, game ideas, and a list of suggested living reading to enhance your study!
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient Rome
- Ancient China
- Arab-Muslim Empire
- Mongolian Empire
- Viking Empire
- Spanish Empire
- French Empire
- English Empire
- German Empire
- Japanese Empire
- Russian Empire
- The United States of America
(Although the USA is not technically an 'empire,' we have included it due to its era of influence and power)
- Consistent Lesson Formatting: As soon as I received the download, I began printing out some of the lessons and put into a three-ring binder. Each of the 14 Empires have the same format, which is why I liked picking an empire per week. The lessons provide plenty of material for a complete unit study, but if you are more on the eceletic side then you might be more like me and add more to your study! That is one of the beauties of this program! It can be used on it's own or simply lay the foundation for your own style of teaching... - Heather at Thrift Schooling on a Dime blog, (The Homeschool Review Crew)
- This is such a fun study! It is very easily adaptable to a wide variety of ages and would make an excellent unit study to use with a large age range. We have had so much fun with the program! There is so much offered with each empire between the books, projects, cooking ideas, maps, and timeline that it can keep you busy for several weeks. However, I didn't find the information to be overwhelming. There weren't so many projects and activities that it felt like too much. I found this to be a perfect summer study for us - a great review of empires we've studied previously and a perfect introduction to the new empires that we'll cover next school year. I think it would also be a wonderful addition to a history study since it would provide mapwork and projects... - Lexi at Lextin Academy blog, (The Homeschool Review Crew)
...Read the full review at: http://www.lextinacademy.blogspot.com/2013/04/review-crew-home-school-in-woods-great.html
- Organizing and assigning hands-on projects for our Great Empires co-op was easy and enjoyable because of how the information is laid out. After reviewing the download of the material I received, I noticed the files are organized by master, texts and projects. The projects page for each empire, I found extremely useful in wading through all of the excellent material... - Tina at New Bee Homeschooler blog, (The Homeschool Review Crew)
...Read the full review at: http://www.newbeehomeschooler.com/apps/blog/show/26063459-schoolhouse-review-crew-review-of-great-empires-activity-study-by-home-school-in-the-woods-year-end-co-op-free-printable