Activity Study: History of Holidays
Holidays come along nearly every month... Take a break from your regular studies to enjoy learning about them!
Included in this study are over 30 projects, games, recipes, links, and the history of over a dozen American holidays! Generally, each holiday's materials can be covered in 1-3 days. Of course, that can be stretched out if you choose to pursue additional activities or study using the web links provided.
• Suggested grades: Elementary
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780984204120
• All Text, Masters, Directions, and Photos Provided (Supplies Not Included)
What is included...
- Text is provided for an overview of each holiday. Although text is included, you may wish to embellish with additional living reading as well!
- Beautifully detailed masters are provided for all printable projects!
- The "Activities" pages will provide printing and assembly instructions, as well as interesting web links, recipes geared toward each holiday, game ideas, and more!
HOLIDAYS INCLUDED ARE:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Valentine's Day
- President's Day
- St. Patrick's Day
- Memorial Day
- Flag Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- ...And Other common and Not-so-Common Holidays!
- Each year I try to make some attempt to incorporate holiday themes into our lesson plans, but I rarely do anything that leaves any real, lasting impression. Very little of these mini-units could even qualify as teaching. And so I was excited to find Amy Pak's unit entitled History of Holidays. This set allows you to make an actual lesson for holidays instead of the typical coloring page or crossword puzzle, and the lessons are more fun than any word puzzle ever thought of being. Each holiday lesson shares history and actual hands-on activities that can be enjoyed by all ages. Best of all, it is created by Amy Pak, who is well known for her high-quality art and educational helps. The activity creations aren't the kind that get stuck to the refrigerator and then discarded a month later; these are treasures for notebooking and for keepsakes... - Jennifer Harrison, The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, LLC, February 2011
Click below to view the Scope & Sequence