Lap-Pak: Wonders of the World
There are several spectacular wonders worthy of recognition, from man-made to natural, spanning thousands of years! This Lap-Pak will focus on four specific categories: Ancient, Medieval, Modern, and Natural.
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780991367849
• All Text, Masters, Directions, and Photos Provided (Supplies Not Included)
Wonders of the World gives you a glimpse of these amazing feats of man and nature through reading material and hands-on projects that will reinforce lessons, as well as introduce you to new information. Included are 23 lap booking projects that incorporate creative writing, coloring and drawing, research, and more!
The reading text comes in two formats to print, resulting in full-size pages of text for a binder, or a 32-page booklet to store with the lap book. Also provided is the text on audio, so your child can read along with the narrator or work on projects while listening!
Beautifully detailed masters are provided for all printable projects! Step-by-step illustrated directions contain printing and assembly instructions for the text booklet, each project, and the lap book assembly.
The menu also contains photos to aid you in viewing the finished projects. Should you wish to embellish the study with additional reading, a list of additional suggested resources is offered as well.
- Timeline of the Wonders of the World
- The Ancient Wonders of the World (Includes all 7 Wonders)
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa
- The Colosseum
- The Hagia Sophia
- The Great Wall of China
- The Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- The Lost Porcelain Pagoda
- The Channel Tunnel
- The CN Tower
- The Empire State Building
- The Golden Gate Bridge
- Itaipu Dam
- Panama Canal
- The Netherlands North Sea Protection Works
- Mount Everest
- The Grand Canyon
- The Northern Lights
- The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Paricutín: The Volcano in a Cornfield
- Victoria Falls
- One thing that my children and I love is how hands-on HSITW projects are! Working on projects that they put together and can go back to and look at and interact with help my children retain the information they’re learning, and they’re much more eager to go beyond the work at hand and do further research about what they are doing. This is a win-win situation! … We all thought the added crafty elements in the projects were a lot of fun! Adding glitter to a volcano, salt for snow, cotton balls for fog, using brad clips for moving parts, and having pop-up cards and moving Northern Lights meant that the projects felt more like crafts than like history! - Crystal at “Castle View Academy” blog
...Read the full review at: https://www.castleviewacademy.com/wonders-of-the-world-lap-pak/
- The Lap-Pak is intended for grades 3-8, and my boys are 7 and 10 years old. I found the textual information to be attainable and interesting for both of them. I loved that the text always distinguished between facts and traditional stories that have been passed down, and gave different possibilities when historians are unclear on the history or purpose of something. I also appreciated that the text was substantial, without being too long. It was just enough information to satisfy introductory interest, but still presented all the information in a narrative way, not as a boring list of facts, and frequently the boys were encouraged to seek more information. - Brittney at “Mom’s Heart” blog
...Read the full review at: http://www.moms-heart.com/2017/07/wonders-of-world-homeschool-review-crew.html
- My boys loved constructing the models for the Wonders of the World Lap-Pak! They would finish one and ask for the next one. There were diagrams, maps, and pictures to provide variety with the projects. No two projects are the same. … This study was so interesting! My boys enjoyed this study so much; we finished it in about a week. I was planning to spread it out, but it was too fun to wait! The completed lap-book is so fun to read! It is a lift-the-flap, pop-up, fill-in-the-blank, and timeline all in one. My boys love having something they created to save a read forever! - Christy, a contributor at “MyKidsWeek.com”
...Read the full review at: http://mykidsweek.com/2017/07/review-wonders-world-lap-pak-home-school-woods/
Click below to download a sample of the narration