Printable Suggested Placement Guide
A guide to help take the guesswork out of placement of figures in the Record of Time timeline notebook!
• Suggested grades: K-12
• ISBN: 9781957525990
With 1,444 images available through the HISTORY Through the Ages Collection of Historical Timeline Figures and our additional Add-On-Paks -1, -2, and -3, this guide will help with previewing how many images will fill a page in the future, allowing children to determine where to align the figures, as well as where to include their own annotations and additions.
Having the child involved in looking up the location of figures helps in developing necessary research skills. Although this guide has the figures specifically placed, there is not just one set way! Children are encouraged to place the images where they see fit. This guide will help by giving a glimpse of what's to come, aiding your child in the decision-making process.
Our new Printable Suggested Placement Guide has been enhanced to include page locations for all of our timeline figures, making it easy to find our figures.
Looking for timeline figures and the “Record of Time” notebook?
• HISTORY Through the Ages Collection of Historical Timeline Figures (1,263 figures from ancient to modern history)
• Add-On Pak-1 (24 modern figures of the 20th and 21st centuries)
• Add-On Pak-2 (47 modern figures of the 20th and 21st centuries)
• Add-On Pak-3 (110 figures spanning ancient history through the 19th century)
• “Record of Time” Printable Timeline Notebook
We also offer a Printable Timeline Notebook Combo-Pak!
…Or check out our Essential Timeline Library for EVERYTHING you need in one affordable bundle!
- THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! We received the Timeline Figures and placement guide yesterday. Wow! What a delight!! From having already purchased your OT Lapbook, I knew it'd be good, but this has far exceeded anything I imagined. We LOVE your products!! What a talent and ministry you have! I look forwarded to buying all your other products as well, as we approach those dates in history. Many, many thanks!!!!! - Kim Matthews
- Timelines appeal to me. They aid visual, kinesthetic, spatial, and logical thinkers. What's not to love? Well, the work of putting together a visually appealing, cohesive, historically-accurate timeline, for one. How about the time it takes to find all of those little pictures? What about deciding which dates to include? What about figuring out how to put the thing together? What about figuring out where to put it? The details of the timeline were dragging me down, threatening the reality of creating one in our home. It seemed to me that some sort of timeline was a foregone conclusion in our home school, but there were several burdens to bear. Although I could have done the work myself, it is more likely that the timeline would have fallen by the wayside without a little outside intervention. I found the help that I needed to make the timeline happen in our home at Homeschool in the Woods. Their History Through the Ages Timeline answered many of my questions, solved some problems, and simplified everything else... - Susan S.
- I have long been interested in doing history timelines with my children, but there are a variety of ways of going about it. I wanted creative and well-drawn interesting timeline figures with brief summaries of the person, place, or event we were studying. I wanted a guideline that would help me in this placement so I knew I was not totally off the mark. I wanted a beautiful book that we could use for many years that we could refer back to again and again. I wanted versatility for many ages, and I wanted it to be worth the money. Money does not come easy to most homeschool families - is this a resource that has staying power? I believe Amy Pak's HISTORY Through the Ages timeline resources have succeeded in providing all of these things and much more!... - Kate Kessler, Product Reviews Manager, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC
- Utilizing a timeline adds a unique visual touch to history studies. It is a wonderfully useful adjunct that allows one to glimpse the "big picture" when it comes to chronology and relevancy of all that has past. A timeline can help us remember important dates, events, people, empires, architectural developments, presidential offices and more, while also allowing us to see some of the connections or relationships between these things. What was going on in the world when Shakespeare was writing comedies, tragedies and poetry? Who was President during WWII? Who was living and what was going on when Jesus was crucified? What classic authors lived at the same time? What else was going on during the Industrial Revolution? History is fascinating. Creating and using a timeline can help make it fun too! Thus, I want to share some of my absolute favorites resources from Homeschool in the Woods that we have used with success and joy in our homeschool... - Tina
History Through the Ages: Creation to Christ (Beginning - 100 AD) Timeline Figures
History Through the Ages: Resurrection to Revolution (0 -1799 AD) Timeline Figures
History Through the Ages: Napoleon to Now (1750 AD - Modern Day) Timeline Figures
History Through the Ages: America's History (Explorers to 21st Century) Timeline Figures