Timeline Set: Napoleon to Now (1750 AD - Modern Day)
280+ figures in black and white, in four formats:
• Wall size with text description (approx. sizes range from 2.5" to 3.5")
• Wall size with just name and date
• Notebook size with text description (approx. sizes range from 1.5" to 2.25")
• Notebook size with just name and date
This timeline set covers contemporary world history beginning during the life of Napoleon right up to Operation Iraqi Freedom, with a vast array of political events, inventions, and discoveries! Included are authors, artists, inventors, political influences, national conflicts, missionaries, and more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: K-12
• ISBN: 9780972026536
With eras of "time" being such an abstract concept, a child can have difficulties wrapping his young mind around the idea of it - adults, too! Understanding when and where events took place, however, is crucial to understanding the patterns that evolved throughout history! The key factor lacking in teaching the subject of history was transforming it from an abstract concept to a concrete framework, visible and even tangible! Once you add in a hands-on element, you create an environment where the child has additional exposure to the lesson, building memories relating to the project that will further cement the lesson in his mind.
- Timelines appeal to me. They aid visual, kinesthetic, spatial, and logical thinkers. What's not to love? Well, the work of putting together a visually appealing, cohesive, historically-accurate timeline, for one. How about the time it takes to find all of those little pictures? What about deciding which dates to include? What about figuring out how to put the thing together? What about figuring out where to put it? The details of the timeline were dragging me down, threatening the reality of creating one in our home. It seemed to me that some sort of timeline was a foregone conclusion in our home school, but there were several burdens to bear. Although I could have done the work myself, it is more likely that the timeline would have fallen by the wayside without a little outside intervention. I found the help that I needed to make the timeline happen in our home at Homeschool in the Woods. Their History Through the Ages Timeline answered many of my questions, solved some problems, and simplified everything else... - Susan S.
...Read the full review at: http://www.thecurriculumchoice.com/2011/09/history-through-the-ages-timeline-cds/
- Amy Pak has created what might well be the most comprehensive collection of timeline figures. On top of that, she supplies creative teaching suggestions for using timeline figures. The figures themselves are all drawn by Amy so they have a consistent style to them... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-through-ages-timeline.htm
- I love history and I am always looking for ways to make history come alive for my children. That is why I was so delighted -- no, awestruck is a better word -- when I opened the package containing HISTORY Through The Ages Timeline Figures! After thirty minutes of admiring these works of art, I decided I must call the publisher and find out where she got these detailed images. Imagine my surprise when I was told that the publisher is also the artist who has drawn all the figures in this series! I'm so thankful that homeschool mom, Amy Pak, decided to share her love of history and her gift of drawing with the rest of us. I've shown these figures to lots of homeschool moms and the reaction is always the same - "Wow!"...I can't say enough good things about these figures -- I have found them to be one of my "must have" resources and I highly recommend them! - Cindy Prechtel, homeschoolingfromtheheart.com
- OK, here it is. As far as I'm concerned, this product rates number one out of every homeschooling related product out there! Amy Pak's timeline figures are outstanding and are absolutely the best! No more wasting time looking for pictures all over the web. No more worrying about dates, correct spellings, chronological order or any of that as it is all done for you in these versatile and economical timeline figure sets. - Jolene Underwood - The Homeschool Source