Project Passport: Ancient Egypt
Greetings Mummies and Daddies!
Take a trip through history and discover cultures at another era of time with hands-on projects and activities that drive the lessons home in a fun way! Included are 25 "Stops" that can spread across 8-12 weeks, where you will witness exciting events and meet interesting people of Ancient Egypt. Topics include: Everyday life, agriculture, trade, education, writing, the sciences, the arts, great builders and their architecture, religion, medicine, government, the dynasties, kingdoms, famous pharaohs, fitting Egypt into the Bible, archaeology, and much more!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780991367832
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- A "Dining Out Guide" of Recipes
- A File Folder Game
- A "Scrapbook of Sights" for storing notebook projects
- A Newspaper "The Kemet Chronicle"
- A "Snapshot Moments in History" Scrapbook Timeline
- "Postcards from Famous Folks"
- Souvenir Craft Cards with a dozen 3-D projects to make
- Over a dozen Lap Book Projects ...and much more!
- Also included are eight Dramatized Audio Tours, over an hour of listening! Join "King Tut’s Tours" as Agatha (your tour guide) and Brian (your coach driver) take you on various excursions, such as a tour down the Nile, an interview with an embalmer, a pyramid under construction, and an interview with Akhenaton! (Go to "Sample" tab to listen for yourself!)
The study includes directions and masters for over 50 projects and activities. The menu contains photo buttons, should you wish to get a good view of what a finished project can look like. Choose the projects that work best for your family!
Also included are Travel Tips, teacher keys, Additional Resources (should you wish to include more reading or viewing to enhance the study), and a Quick-Stop Itinerary. This three-page travel planner will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects at a glance. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this history study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder (in a choice of both color and black & white).
- The teacher's Guide Book will house the reading Guide Book Text, the Travel Itineraries of project directions, as well as Travel Tips, teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each stop. Included are activities such as a "Snapshot Moments in History" timeline, "Souvenirs & Gifts" with instructions for a dozen 3-dimensional projects to make, Mapping Upper & Lower Egypt, the Game of Senet, Social/Government Pyramids, Hieroglyphics, Egyptian Weapons & Warfare, Draw Like an Egyptian, The Pharaohs of the 18th Dynasty, and so much more!
- Finally, to prepare you for your journey, we have equipped you with a passport and luggage folder, which once made will take you through all the Project Passport studies to come!
- If you have a child who loves hands-on activities and creating lapbooks, Home School in the Woods’ Project Passport was made for you! Your family meets fascinating people from the past who, thousands of years later, are still remembered. The tour takes you by exotic sites such as the pyramids and sphinx. The amount of information included in Project Passport: Ancient Egypt floored me… - Sara Dennis at Classically Homeschooling blog
...Read the full review at: http://classicallyhomeschooling.com/ancient-egypt-history/
- I have a very hands-on learner in my house. She is my child who loves to create lapbooks and notebooks that she can hold on to and look at over and over again. I will often spend time putting together a unit on something because she has become interested in it. Therefore I am thrilled when I can find comprehensive units that are already done for me! Home School in the Woods has create something beyond my wildest dreams with their Ancient Egypt Unit Study called Project Passport: Ancient Egypt… - Heidi Ciravola at Starts at Eight blog
...Read the full review at: http://www.startsateight.com/2015/04/ancient-egypt-unit-study/
- I took an Ancient History course in high school. I’m not going to lie — it was boring. The textbook was dry as dust. That class was something I had to endure to get enough history credits to graduate. It tainted my opinion of history for a long time to come, unfortunately. It wasn’t until I started to homeschool my kids that I gained a new appreciation for history and it became one of my favorite subjects to study. Having great hands-on, immersive resources like Project Passport: Ancient Egypt from Home School in the Woods has made all the difference... - Sara at “Embracing Destiny” blog
...Read the full review at: http://embracingdestinyblog.com/2015/05/ancient-egypt-history.html
- The past few weeks the kids and I have been immersed in the world of pharaohs and pyramids. We’ve crafted, eaten, read and written our way through ancient Egypt history. And honestly, it’s been a wonderful re-awakening to all that I love about homeschooling – real, hands-on learning together. From making cartouches out of salt dough to eating authentic ancient Egyptian cuisine, we’ve been very impressed with the “tour” of ancient Egypt history we’ve received from Home School In the Woods’ newest unit study-based curriculum Project Passport: Ancient Egypt... – Alicia Michelle at “Your Vibrant Family” blog
...Read the full review at: http://blog.vibranthomeschooling.com/ancient-egypt-history/
Project Passport Bundle (all 5 world history studies) (CD version coming in fall 2018)