Project Passport: Ancient Rome
Take a trip through history and discover cultures at another era of time with hands-on projects and activities that drive the lessons home in a fun way! Included are 25 "Stops" that can spread across 8-12 weeks, where you will witness exciting events and meet interesting people of Ancient Rome. Topics include: kings and legends of early Rome, the Roman Republic, the rise and fall of an Empire, everyday life, business, law, philosophy, education, oration, literature, science, medicine, arts, architecture, transportation, religion, warfare, emperors, the Pax Romana, invasions, the beginnings of Christianity, and much more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780991367887
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- A "Dining Out Guide" of Recipes
- A File Folder Game
- A "Scrapbook of Sights" for storing notebook projects
- A Newspaper "The Roman Tribune"
- A "Snapshot Moments in History" Scrapbook Timeline
- "Postcards from Famous Folks"
- Souvenir Craft Cards with a dozen 3-D projects to make
- Over a dozen Lap Book Projects ...and much more!
- Also included are eight Dramatized Audio Tours, over an hour and a half of listening! Join "Trajan’s Travel and Tours" as Huey (your tour guide) and Barron (your coach driver) take you on various roadtrips around Rome (such as the Forum and the Circus Maximus), an excursion to Pompeii during a volcanic eruption, and interviews with important people of history, such as Scipio Africanus and Mark Antony! (Go to "Sample" tab to listen for yourself!)
The study includes directions and masters for over 50 projects and activities. The menu contains photo buttons, should you wish to get a good view of what a finished project can look like. Choose the projects that work best for your family!
Also included are Travel Tips, teacher keys, Additional Resources (should you wish to include more reading or viewing to enhance the study), and a Quick-Stop Itinerary. This three-page travel planner will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects at a glance. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this history study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder (in a choice of both color and black & white).
- The teacher's Guide Book will house the reading Guide Book Text, the Travel Itineraries of project directions, as well as Travel Tips, teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each stop. Included are activities such as a "Snapshot Moments in History" timeline, "Souvenirs & Gifts" with instructions for a dozen 3-dimensional projects to make, various maps of ancient Rome, the Cursus Honorum, Pax Romana Emperors, the Colosseum, clothing of the era, the Roman domus, Paul and the early church, Latin root words, Roman currency, warfare, and so much more!
- Finally, to prepare you for your journey, we have equipped you with a passport and luggage folder, which once made will take you through all the Project Passport studies to come!
- Your Time Travelers series has been the backbone of many of the studies our family has tackled (and thoroughly enjoyed) over the years. Just as you did with the Time Travelers series, you are doing with your new Project Passport series, and we're thrilled!...I'm so excited we'll have Home School in the Woods unit(s) to guide us through. Although I love the challenge of putting together our own units from scratch, it's just not always realistic, time-wise. What a glorious thing to know your beautiful family has already done so much of the work for us! I can save my creativity for another homeschooling endeavor. - Andrea