Project Passport: Ancient Greece
Take a trip through history and discover cultures at another era of time with hands-on projects and activities that drive the lessons home in a fun way! Included are 25 "Stops" that can spread across 8-12 weeks, where you will witness exciting events and meet interesting people of Ancient Greece. Topics include: The Archaic Period, Greek Government, Athens and Sparta, Everyday Life, Farming, Business, Transportation, Education, Literature, Science, Medicine & Disease, The Arts, Philosophy, Religion (Myths and Heroes), Warfare, The Golden Age, Alexander the Great, The Hellenistic Age, Archaeology, and much more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780991367863
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- A "Dining Out Guide" of Recipes
- A File Folder Game
- A "Scrapbook of Sights" for storing notebook projects
- A Newspaper "Greek Weekly"
- A "Snapshot Moments in History" Scrapbook Timeline
- "Postcards from Famous Folks"
- Souvenir Craft Cards with a dozen 3-D projects to make
- Over a dozen Lap Book Projects ...and much more!
- Also included are eight Dramatized Audio Tours, over an hour of listening! Join "Trojan Horse Tours" as Graham (your tour guide) and Blaine (your coach driver) take you on various excursions, such as visits to cities such as Sparta, Athens, and Troy, a trip to the Olympic Games, and interviews with important people of history, such as Archimedes and Xenophon! (Go to "Sample" tab to listen for yourself!)
The study includes directions and masters for over 50 projects and activities. The menu contains photo buttons, should you wish to get a good view of what a finished project can look like. Choose the projects that work best for your family!
Also included are Travel Tips, teacher keys, Additional Resources (should you wish to include more reading or viewing to enhance the study), and a Quick-Stop Itinerary. This three-page travel planner will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects at a glance. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this history study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder (in a choice of both color and black & white).
- The teacher's Guide Book will house the reading Guide Book Text, the Travel Itineraries of project directions, as well as Travel Tips, teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each stop. Included are activities such as a "Snapshot Moments in History" timeline, "Souvenirs & Gifts" with instructions for a dozen 3-dimensional projects to make, various maps of ancient Greece, the grandeur of Athens and the might of Sparta, government, architectural columns, clothing of the era, fables and poetry, the Greek home, warfare and so much more!
- Finally, to prepare you for your journey, we have equipped you with a passport and luggage folder, which once made will take you through all the Project Passport studies to come!
- I can’t say enough about the quality of the materials in the Project Passport series, as well as from Home School in the Woods in general. Everything is so thoughtfully created, and the finished product is truly a keepsake for years to come. This history study of Ancient Greece is no different! As my 12-year old daughter, Haylee, and I printed and assembled the various scrapbook items in the study, we shared them with the rest of the family. My husband was so impressed with how everything turns out so nicely, and I think it’s really cool the way so many elements are highly interactive. It definitely adds to the interest level for the kids. – Kelly at KGB That’s Me! blog
- We LOVE the fun projects and activities that Home School in the Woods incorporates in all of their studies – and Ancient Greece meets all of our expectations. You can choose to work on a notebook or a lapbook (or both!), create a newspaper, work on hands-on projects, play games, or create a timeline. The study is completely personalized – you can do as much or as little as you want. - Tonia at The Curriculum Choice blog