Project Passport: Renaissance & Reformation
Take a trip through history and discover cultures at another era of time with hands-on projects and activities that drive the lessons home in a fun way! Included are 25 "Stops" that can spread across 8-12 weeks, where you will witness exciting events and meet interesting people of the Renaissance & Reformation. Topics include: Everyday life, music, art, literature and drama of the Renaissance, science and invention, Reformers and their influence across Europe, wars and conflicts, Henry VIII, exploration, the Counter-Reformation, and much more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780984204199
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- A "Dining Out Guide" of Recipes
- A File Folder Game
- A "Scrapbook of Sights" for storing notebook projects
- A Newspaper "The Renaissance Reporter"
- A "Snapshot Moments in History" Scrapbook Timeline
- "Postcards from Famous Folks"
- Souvenir Craft Cards with a dozen 3-D projects to make
- Over a dozen Lap Book Projects ...and much more!
- Also included are eight Dramatized Audio Tours, nearly an hour of listening! Join "Da Vinci Tours" as Agatha (your tour guide) and Brian (your coach driver) take you on various excursions, such as a stop at the Castle Church in Wittenberg after the posting of the 95 Theses, meeting Michelangelo as he works on the Sistine Chapel, and a cruise right into the Battle of Lepanto! (Go to "Sample" tab to listen for yourself!)
The study includes directions and masters for over 50 projects and activities. The menu contains photo buttons, should you wish to get a good view of what a finished project can look like. Choose the projects that work best for your family!
Also included are Travel Tips, teacher keys, Additional Resources (should you wish to include more reading or viewing to enhance the study), and a Quick-Stop Itinerary. This three-page travel planner will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects at a glance. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this history study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder (in a choice of both color and black & white).
- The teacher's Guide Book will house the reading Guide Book Text, the Travel Itineraries of project directions, as well as Travel Tips, teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each stop. Included are activities such as a "Snapshot Moments in History" timeline, "Souvenirs & Gifts" with instructions for a dozen 3-dimensional projects to make, Mapping the Reformation, Social Classes, The Lewis Chessmen game, five Art Techniques of the era to try, instructions to "Write a Sonnet," and so much more!
- Finally, to prepare you for your journey, we have equipped you with a passport and luggage folder, which once made will take you through all the Project Passport studies to come!
- Although it's not necessary to supplement our memory work at this stage, our family thoroughly enjoys projects from Homeschool in the Woods… …There's so much crammed into this project pack that we decided to work on a large bulk of the activities during fall break. This week, we constructed the Shakespeare Globe Theatre… - Brandy Ferrell at Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood blog
...Read the full review at: http://www.halfahundredacrewood.com/2013/10/renaissance-reformation-by-homeschool.html