Time Travelers: The American Revolution
The British are coming! The British are coming!
Our American history studies are designed to create a hands-on learning experience that drives the lessons home in a fun way! Our third in the series, The American Revolution, contains 25 lessons that can spread across 5-10 weeks, covering the politics and conflicts that launched a new nation, such as: Colonial beginnings, the French & Indian War, problems leading up to the revolution, Continental Congress, General Washington, women of the war, several specific battles, many important figures who stood for the cause of liberty, and much more!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780972026598
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- Factfile Cards
- Penmanship Pages
- Colonial Recipes
- File Folder Games
- Notebooking Activities
- Notebook Timeline
- Science Experiments
- Three-dimensional Projects such as Painting Miniature Soldiers, Making a Haversack, Dioramas, and so much more!
- Authentic Crafts such as Candle Dipping and Creating an authentic "Floorcloth" Table Mat!
- 11 Lap Book Projects, including pop-ups, layered books, etc.
- And a final "Tribute to the Revolution" to bring the unit to a close!
The study includes each lesson's text pages, project pages (direction pages), and a wide variety of masters for projects! Photos and drawings help illustrate the directions for completing the 40 activities. Choose the projects that work best for your family! Five "Project Days" are built into the schedule to help allow for extra time to complete outstanding projects.
Also included are teacher helps, resource lists, teacher keys, and a "Guide-at-a-Glance." This one-page guide will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects on one page. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this unit study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder. The art is provided both in color and in black and white for the student to color in.
- The teacher's binder will house the reading text, project direction pages, the "Guide-at-a-Glance," teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each lesson. Included are activities such as a Battle Map, samples of a compositor, a collection of important documents, classic poems, a timeline, biographies of soldiers, samples of secret messages, and more!
- My new Time Travelers American Revolution CD just arrived in the mail, and even though I've only had just a couple of minutes to peruse it, I am already IN LOVE! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you. I LOVE History! In fact, I even have a college degree in History, but I have always become overwhelmed by teaching History to my own kids. We have limped along these last several years and while we have enjoyed reading many great living history books, I have failed at notebooking and lapbooking and anything creative...In discovering your product, I am renewed in the hope that history can be enjoyable and we can actually do something other than read and discuss what we read that will really help cement our understanding and knowledge. It is obvious that much time and energy went into creating this product. Thank you for serving the homeschool community and my family in doing so! May God continue to bless your ministry, as that is precisely what it is! - Angel Grunden
- We greatly appreciate all you have done for us. I just love your studies. While we were stationed in Virginia we did your American Revolution and Civil War, even my then six year old loved it, they still talk about the activities we did, making the Jamestown Fort was there favorite and very often reflect on the things they learned. We had the amazing opportunity just as we wrapped up the American Revolution study to join my husband on a business trip to Philadelphia. He had to speak at a conference for five days and the children and I explored Philadelphia. It was amazing how much they recalled as we walked thru the museums, they were, 6, 8 and 9 at the time. There were even moments when those that worked at the museums committed on there degree of knowledge, proud mama moment, thank you. I just want to thank you for putting so much into these studies and being so accurate. You are a true blessing to us all. - Kim Jones
- I've been a huge fan of Homeschool In The Woods for a long time! Their products are just funtastic. Thus far we've used three different time traveler packs and are gearing up to use another two next year! - Kendra at "Curriculum Choice"
...Read the full review at: http://www.thecurriculumchoice.com/2012/04/homeschool-in-the-woods-time-traveler-packs/
- History Study Time Travelers is a hands-on approach for learning history (U.S. history only at this time) for students in approximately grades 3 through 8. ... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-study-time-travelers.htm
- Do you want to add some pizzazz to your history studies? Then consider a Time Travelers History Study from Homeschool in the Woods. I reviewed The American Revolution, and what a fabulous resource it is! This study is recommended for grades three through eight, although younger siblings could participate with help. - Heather Jackowitz, Senior Product Reviewer, The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, LLC