Time Travelers: World War II
...Aiding the Allies in the Fight for Freedom!
Our American history studies are designed to create a hands-on learning experience that drives the lessons home in a fun way! Our seventh and final study in the series, America in World War II, contains 25 lessons that can spread across 5-10 weeks, covering over a decade and witnessing changes in American history as it entered another world war! Topics include: the rise of Hitler and the Nazi Regime, German/Italian/Japanese occupations, conflicts and battles between the Axis and Allies, the American home front, the Holocaust, VE and VJ Days, and events immediately following the war!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780984204137
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- Factfile Cards
- Penmanship Pages
- Ration Cooking Recipes
- File Folder Games
- Notebooking Activities
- Notebook Timeline
- Authentic Documents
- Three-dimensional Projects such as making a "Garrison Cap," a "Library of Leaders," and making a "Victory Garden"
- Authentic Crafts such as a "Souvenir Pillow Case," "Ration Books," and a "Service Record Book"
- Over a dozen Lap Book Projects
- And a final "Victory Day Celebration" to bring the unit to a close!
The study includes each lesson's text pages, project pages (direction pages), and a wide variety of masters for projects! Photos and drawings help illustrate the directions for completing nearly 50 activities. Choose the projects that work best for your family! Five "Project Days" are built into the schedule to help allow for extra time to complete outstanding projects.
Also included are teacher helps, resource lists, teacher keys, and a "Guide-at-a-Glance." This one-page guide will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects on one page. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this unit study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder. The art is provided both in color and in black and white for the student to color in.
- The teacher's binder will house the reading text, project direction pages, the "Guide-at-a-Glance," teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each lesson. Included are activities such as a Timeline, Penmanship: "Words of World War II," Soldiers of the World and the U.S., "Navajo Code Talkers," a "Souvenir Pillowcase," Propaganda Posters and Buttons, "FDRs Fireside Chats," Maps of the European and Pacific Theatres, "Medals," "Women of the War," "WWII Military Weapons," "A Hero Worth Knowing" (containing the story of John F. Ebel, his medals, mementos, and photos), and more!
- I just wanted to let you know that I recently purchased the WWII Time travelers lapbook set and couldn't be more delighted! It will blend so perfectly with our Tapestry of Grace Studies this year. Thank you for making a product that educates with beauty! - Kymberly Arana
- Time Travelers is a series of CD unit studies, with printable projects for various time periods. The philosophy is that hands-on history is a better teaching method, as well as lots more fun and memorable. I was given the America in World War II CD to review. This is a fully organized, easy to navigate CD with attractive lettering and graphics. There are plenty of linkable icons, and multiple ways to get where you want to go. No fear of getting lost here!... Kathy Gelzer, The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, LLC, January, 2012
- And, now... after 16 weeks... we have finally finished our official WWII Unit Study. As our WWII history buff, Stephen requested this special project after completing the Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression. As we closed out the school year, he even told me that "if we don't finish the WWII projects before summer, that's okay. Because I want to do the WWII study in my spare time."... - Brandy Ferrell, Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood Blog
...Read the full review at: http://www.halfahundredacrewood.com/2012/06/wwii-wrap-up.html
- History Study Time Travelers is a hands-on approach for learning history (U.S. history only at this time) for students in approximately grades 3 through 8. ... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-study-time-travelers.htm