Timeline Collection: A Collection of Historical Timeline Figures
This 2-part set allows the freedom to print timeline figures in a variety of ways and sizes, to suit whatever project you're working on!
1,260+ total figures, including 80 BONUS FIGURES!
• Suggested grades: K-12
• ISBN: 9780972026550
With eras of "time" being such an abstract concept, a child can have difficulties wrapping his young mind around the idea of it - adults, too! Understanding when and where events took place, however, is crucial to understanding the patterns that evolved throughout history! The key factor lacking in teaching the subject of history was transforming it from an abstract concept to a concrete framework, visible and even tangible! Once you add in a hands-on element, you create an environment where the child has additional exposure to the lesson, building memories relating to the project that will further cement the lesson in his mind.
- The two parts of this collection contain figures in two formats: One with text descriptions for those who prefer an encapsulated summary, and one with only a name and date, allowing the child to add in the information, or for easier use in projects.
- Part 1 contains: PDF pages of all the figures in our four HISTORY Through the Ages Timeline sets (In both WALL and NOTEBOOK SIZE, with and without text descriptions): Creation to Christ, Resurrection to Revolution, Napoleon to Now, America's History, as well as 80 Bonus Figures
- Part 2 contains: The same 1260+ timeline figures offered as a gallery of high-quality GIFS that can be individually enlarged or reduced, allowing versatile uses such as coloring book pages, notebook timelines, complements to research papers, games, and more! Since they are individual images, you can pick and choose the exact figures you'd like without having to print off a whole page of extras you may not need at the moment. The figures are organized in over 30 helpful categories: Chronological, alphabetical, and several classifications that help make topical studies a breeze!
- Also included is our "Timeline Helps," which contains ideas for using the figures with wall and notebook timelines, suggestions for use in a variety of resources and games, and tips for coloring and gluing the figures!
- THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! We received the Timeline Figures CD and placement book yesterday. Wow! What a delight!! From having already purchased your OT Lapbook CD, I knew it'd be good, but this has far exceeded anything I imagined. We LOVE your products!! What a talent and ministry you have! I look forwarded to buying all your other products as well, as we approach those dates in history. Many, many thanks!!!!! - Kim Matthews
- Timelines appeal to me. They aid visual, kinesthetic, spatial, and logical thinkers. What's not to love? Well, the work of putting together a visually appealing, cohesive, historically-accurate timeline, for one. How about the time it takes to find all of those little pictures? What about deciding which dates to include? What about figuring out how to put the thing together? What about figuring out where to put it? The details of the timeline were dragging me down, threatening the reality of creating one in our home. It seemed to me that some sort of timeline was a foregone conclusion in our home school, but there were several burdens to bear. Although I could have done the work myself, it is more likely that the timeline would have fallen by the wayside without a little outside intervention. I found the help that I needed to make the timeline happen in our home at Homeschool in the Woods. Their History Through the Ages Timeline answered many of my questions, solved some problems, and simplified everything else... - Susan S.
...Read the full review at: http://www.thecurriculumchoice.com/2011/09/history-through-the-ages-timeline-cds/
- Amy Pak has created what might well be the most comprehensive collection of timeline figures. On top of that, she supplies creative teaching suggestions for using timeline figures. The figures themselves are all drawn by Amy so they have a consistent style to them... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-through-ages-timeline.htm
- I have long been interested in doing history timelines with my children, but there are a variety of ways of going about it. I wanted creative and well-drawn interesting timeline figures with brief summaries of the person, place, or event we were studying. I wanted a guideline that would help me in this placement so I knew I was not totally off the mark. I wanted a beautiful book that we could use for many years that we could refer back to again and again. I wanted versatility for many ages, and I wanted it to be worth the money. Money does not come easy to most homeschool families - is this a resource that has staying power? I believe Amy Pak's HISTORY Through the Ages timeline resources have succeeded in providing all of these things and much more!... - Kate Kessler, Product Reviews Manager, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC
- Utilizing a timeline adds a unique visual touch to history studies. It is a wonderfully useful adjunct that allows one to glimpse the "big picture" when it comes to chronology and relevancy of all that has past. A timeline can help us remember important dates, events, people, empires, architectural developments, presidential offices and more, while also allowing us to see some of the connections or relationships between these things. What was going on in the world when Shakespeare was writing comedies, tragedies and poetry? Who was President during WWII? Who was living and what was going on when Jesus was crucified? What classic authors lived at the same time? What else was going on during the Industrial Revolution? History is fascinating. Creating and using a timeline can help make it fun too! Thus, I want to share some of my absolute favorites resources from Homeschool in the Woods that we have used with success and joy in our homeschool... - Tina
...Read the full review at: http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-history-through-ages-timeline.html
- Awwwhhh... Homeschool in the Woods- the epitome of what I want our homeschool to be! I have loved their resources since my oldest was just 4 years old, knowing that as soon as he was ready we would be jumping on that band wagon! Lucky for me, however, they do have some resources that you can truly use at any stage of the homeschooling game and today I have the privilege of telling you about one of them. Homeschool in the Woods' History Through the Ages Collection of Historical Timeline Figures are the best in the business! Really, none other can compare. I mean, just look... - MacKenzie Monroe at Bold Turquoise blog
- I love history and I am always looking for ways to make history come alive for my children. That is why I was so delighted -- no, awestruck is a better word -- when I opened the package containing HISTORY Through The Ages Timeline Figures! After thirty minutes of admiring these works of art, I decided I must call the publisher and find out where she got these detailed images. Imagine my surprise when I was told that the publisher is also the artist who has drawn all the figures in this series! I'm so thankful that homeschool mom, Amy Pak, decided to share her love of history and her gift of drawing with the rest of us. I've shown these figures to lots of homeschool moms and the reaction is always the same - "Wow!"...I can't say enough good things about these figures -- I have found them to be one of my "must have" resources and I highly recommend them! - Cindy Prechtel, homeschoolingfromtheheart.com
- Just received the History Through the Ages (CD), yesterday. It is fantastic! I must say that you thought of everything. I no longer have to search the internet for hours trying to find a figure to go with whatever we are studying. I can do a timeline with my older son and do coloring pages with my younger one. I can also do lapbooks with both of them. I can let my older one write his own summary with the figures and print out the figures with the summary for my younger one. I just wanted to thank you for all your efforts, all your sleepless nights, and all the time you had to be away from your family to make this possible. PS- Thank you also for the quality of the cds and the casing. It truly makes a difference. - Sumi
- OK, here it is. As far as I'm concerned, this product rates number one out of every homeschooling related product out there! Amy Pak's timeline figures are outstanding and are absolutely the best! No more wasting time looking for pictures all over the web. No more worrying about dates, correct spellings, chronological order or any of that as it is all done for you in these versatile and economical timeline figure sets. - Jolene Underwood - The Homeschool Source
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Special: Three for Two Record of Time Notebook Bundle