Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections
Introduce your child to the United States presidential elections process through hands-on activities! This Lap-Pak will take your child briefly through the establishment of the country’s government, and through the various aspects of a presidential campaign and how a U.S. president is chosen.
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780991367856
• All Text, Masters, Directions, and Photos Provided (Supplies Not Included)
U. S. Elections takes you through the election process with reading material and hands-on projects that will reinforce lessons, as well as introduce you to new information. Included are 21 lap booking projects that incorporate creative writing, coloring and drawing, research, and more!
The reading text comes in two formats to print, resulting in full-size pages of text for a binder, or a 24-page booklet to store with the lap book. Also provided is the text on audio, so your child can read along with the narrator or work on projects while listening!
Beautifully detailed masters are provided for all printable projects! Step-by-step illustrated directions contain printing and assembly instructions for the text booklet, each project, and the lap book assembly.
The menu also contains photos to aid you in viewing the finished projects. Should you wish to embellish the study with additional reading, a list of additional suggested resources is offered as well.
- Definition of “Election”
- Different Forms of Government
- The American Experiment
- The Three Branches of Government
- Who Do We Vote For?
- Terms of Office
- A “Handful” of Political Parties
- Caucuses & Primaries
- National Conventions
- The Presidential Campaign: Platform
- The Presidential Campaign: Stump Speaking
- The Presidential Campaign: Media — News Source
- The Presidential Campaign: Campaign Advertising — Spreading the Word!
- Raising Money
- Election Day
- The Electoral College
- Inauguration Day
- The Electoral Race!
- The “Vocabinet”
- I LOVE projects and since I’ve allowed my project-love to spill over into our homeschooling, I couldn’t resist a review of the lapbook projects available from Home School in the Woods. We recently reviewed HISTORY Through the Ages Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections and I’m thrilled to bring you our results, starting with this video of my sweet students’ final reflection presentation… - Anitra Elmore at The Mama Zone blog
...Read the full review at: http://themamazone.com/hands-on-history-activities/
- This has been an exciting and sometimes stressful year for my family. While it's just started, the news of the upcoming elections has led to many questions from my kids. In an attempt to answer some of them, we've looked to homeschool curriculum to guide us in teaching things from a perspective that shares our family's values. We recently reviewed the History Through the Ages Hands-On Lap Pak: U.S. Elections download from Home School in the Woods, and it has been a big help in our mission to inform our kids on our government and election process… - Linsey Knerl at Lille Punkin blog
...Read the full http://www.lillepunkin.com/2016/02/review-of-home-school-in-woods-history.html
- Home School in the Woods has long been a favorite for our family when it comes to history. This year is election year and was the perfect time to review HISTORY Through the Ages Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections. We downloaded our product and set to work to help my 5th and 8th grader learn a bit about the election process and have a fun while doing it… - Melanie at A Year of Jubilee Reviews blog
...Read the full http://www.jubileereviews.com/2016/02/us-elections-from-home-school-in-woods.html
- I'm super excited about this one!! HISTORY Through the Ages Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections from Home School in the Woods is perfectly timed to help you and your students understand the crucial times we are living in... it's a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION YEAR! …From the definition of "election", learning the the history of our representative government and every step along the campaign trail, this lap book is the BEST comprehensive study on our US election process I have ever found! … - Renita at Mom of Many blog
...Read the full review at: http://momofmanybentzs.blogspot.com/2016/02/history-through-ages-hands-on-history.html
Click below to download a sample of the narration