Time Travelers: New World Explorers
Our American history studies are designed to create a hands-on learning experience that drives the lessons home in a fun way! Our first in the series, New World Explorers, contains 25 lessons that can spread across 5-10 weeks, covering: Reasons for Exploration, A Sailor's Life, Ships, Navigation, 23 Explorer Profiles, Pirates, and more!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780972026574
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- Factfile Cards
- Penmanship Pages
- European Recipes
- File Folder Games
- Notebooking Activities
- Notebook Timeline
- Science Experiments
- Three-dimensional Projects such as an Incan Artifact, Ship's Log, Pueblo Diorama, plus more!
- 10 Lap Book Projects, including mapping, pop-ups, layered books, etc.
- And a final "Exploration Celebration" to bring the unit to a close!
The study includes each lesson's text pages, project pages (direction pages), and a wide variety of masters for projects! Photos and drawings help illustrate the directions for completing the 35 activities. Choose the projects that work best for your family! Five "Project Days" are built into the schedule to help allow for extra time to complete outstanding projects.
Also included are teacher helps, resource lists, teacher keys, and a "Guide-at-a-Glance." This one-page guide will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects on one page. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this unit study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the classic Age of Exploration!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder. The art is provided both in color and in black and white for the student to color in.
- The teacher's binder will house the reading text, project direction pages, the "Guide-at-a-Glance," teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each lesson. Included are activities such as a fold-out map of Native American tribes, flags common to European ships of the era, a lift-a-flap page of ship anatomy, penmanship pages for each explorer, a coloring page on the establishment of missions, and more!
- My family has been using your TimeTravelers history curriculum for the past two years. (And will continue to use it.) I was at the Midwest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati, OH this last weekend and met two of your children. After talking with them I shared that my kids were very inspired by the lessons. Every year my kids like to enter the PBS Kids Go Writing Contest (for K-3rd graders) This last year was my oldest son's last year to enter. He loved the New World Explorers so much that they became the topic of his story. The hardest part was cutting out some of the explorers to meet the maximum word count. His story won 1st place in Michigan. And he knows his explorers still today. I just wanted to add my four children always look forward to history. They love to show their past lap books off to friends and family. It has truly been blessing to have history lessons from a Christian perspective that are fun, interactive, and get the kids moving and thinking. The other two moms that I do Co-op with wanted me to say "Thank you" as well. You have blessed our families. Thanks again for giving us homeschool moms this tool teach with! - Colleen Eichelberger
- Hi, We have been using the Time Travelers New World Explorers CD and we have had the BEST time over the past month! I can't believe we will be finished with this study in another week, it was all so fun that the time just flew by. I have four children ages 7-12 and I think they have loved just about every project. Knot making was a big winner, as was making lime juice, flags, constellations on felt and all the fun paper projects...I don't usually contact curriculum providers, ok I never have before and we've homeschooled for 7 years but I wanted to compliment you on this CD....Thanks for having such a great product! - Jodi Moore
- Home School in the Woods Time Traveler history unit studies are, shall I say, AWESOME! Please bear in mind I am the opposite of crafty. Lapbooks are attractive to me in thought, especially when I see some of the lapbooks that others do. If I attempted to do one on my own, I would get as far as folding the folder....lol! Don't get me wrong, there is more to the unit studies than lapbooking, that is just what I enjoyed the most. ... - Hearts at Home Curriculum
- History Study Time Travelers is a hands-on approach for learning history (U.S. history only at this time) for students in approximately grades 3 through 8. ... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-study-time-travelers.htm
- What do you get when you cross a graphic artist and a homeschool mom with a need to teach history in an engaging, hands-on way? You get Time Travelers: New World Explorers, which is a five-week unit study of the time period when the Europeans were sailing over to the Americas to explore the New World... -Kathy Gelzer, The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC, June 2007