Time Travelers: The Civil War
...The War that Crossed Five Aprils!
Our American history studies are designed to create a hands-on learning experience that drives the lessons home in a fun way! Our fifth in the series, The Civil War, contains 25 lessons that can spread across 5-10 weeks, covering the politics and conflicts that nearly tore apart a nation! Topics include: slavery and emancipation, secession, several specific battles, many important leaders and figures, women of the war, Reconstruction, and much more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780981552361
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- Factfile Cards
- Penmanship Pages
- Civil War Recipes
- File Folder Games
- Notebooking Activities
- Notebook Timeline
- Three-dimensional Projects such as a Library of Leaders, Civil War Journal, and Photo Scrapbook
- Authentic Crafts such as a Soldier's "Housewife," Corn Cob Checkers, and Victorian Scrap Cards
- 13 Lap Book Projects, including moving parts and layered books, etc.
- And a final "Civil War Jamboree" to bring the unit to a close!
The study includes each lesson's text pages, project pages (direction pages), and a wide variety of masters for projects! Photos and drawings help illustrate the directions for completing the 40 activities. Choose the projects that work best for your family! Five "Project Days" are built into the schedule to help allow for extra time to complete outstanding projects.
Also included are teacher helps, resource lists, teacher keys, and a "Guide-at-a-Glance." This one-page guide will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects on one page. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this unit study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder. The art is provided both in color and in black and white for the student to color in.
- The teacher's binder will house the reading text, project direction pages, the "Guide-at-a-Glance," teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each lesson. Included are activities such as a Battle Map, a collection of Pivotal Papers, a Timeline, Soldier's Uniforms, Corps Badges, Divisions of the Troops, Signal Corps Codes and Flag, and more!
- I am extremely pleased with all the work you have put into your products. My three children ( ages 10, 13, and yes even my 17 year old) are very excited! They just wished I would have home schooled them at an earlier age. I am so pleased with every single thing I've ordered from you. I have most of your CD's and the timeline figures and placement guide. I have found that my children have so much more of an understanding of what to learn and comprehend than what some of these big name companies have to offer (especially textbooks). My seventeen year old has discovered things she did not learn in the public school and now is very excited about learning history! Again, thanks for creating such awesome products and offering them to the public. I am so grateful that I found your products and I will most definitely be ordering from you again in the future. - Kristian White
- This tiny CD box contains so much! All you need to do is place the CD into the computer, read (using Adobe Acrobat®), and print when ready. The CD includes the text for each lesson, lesson overviews, project overviews, and projects. This is the fifth installment in the Time Travelers series designed for students in grades 3 to 8. I found that it had nearly all I needed to introduce my children to the Civil War... - Maggi Beardsley, The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, LLC, June 2009
- History Study Time Travelers is a hands-on approach for learning history (U.S. history only at this time) for students in approximately grades 3 through 8. ... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-study-time-travelers.htm