Time Travelers: The Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression
...America Enters a Modern Age!
Our American history studies are designed to create a hands-on learning experience that drives the lessons home in a fun way! Our sixth in the series, The Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression, contains 25 lessons that can spread across 5-10 weeks, covering several eras and witnessing changes in American history as it reached a modern age—over 70 years of history, from the 1860s through 1939! Topics include: The Transcontinental Railroad, The Indian Wars, The Gilded Age, Innovations & Inventors, Immigration, Growth of the Nation, People of Interest, The Progressive Era, WWI, The Roaring 20s, The Stock Market Crash, The Dust Bowl, and much more!
See below for details, photos, and step-by-step tutorial!
• Suggested grades: 3-8
• Mac & PC Compatible
• ISBN: 9780984204113
• All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided (Supplies Not Included)
- Creative Writing
- Factfile Cards
- Penmanship Pages
- Depression Era Recipes
- File Folder Games
- Notebooking Activities
- Notebook Timeline
- Three-dimensional Projects such as making a Suspension Bridge, a Wright Brothers "Flyer," a "Flip Book," and a "Turn of the Centuries Scenes" Game
- Authentic Crafts such as Paper Tole, a Penny Rug, a Yo-Yo Quilt, and WWI Silk Postcards
- 12 Lap Book Projects
- And a final "Depression-Era Dinner" to bring the unit to a close!
The study includes each lesson's text pages, project pages (direction pages), and a wide variety of masters for projects! Photos and drawings help illustrate the directions for completing over 50 activities. Choose the projects that work best for your family! Five "Project Days" are built into the schedule to help allow for extra time to complete outstanding projects.
Also included are teacher helps, resource lists, teacher keys, and a "Guide-at-a-Glance." This one-page guide will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects on one page. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this unit study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder. The art is provided both in color and in black and white for the student to color in.
- The teacher's binder will house the reading text, project direction pages, the "Guide-at-a-Glance," teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each lesson. Included are activities such as a Timeline, Penmanship: "Men & Women who Made America," Business Tycoons, Trade Cards, A Norman Rockwell "Cover," America Grows: Mapping the New States, The Spanish-American War, The Changing of Fashion, WWI Silk postcards, WWI Military Weaponry, WWI Ammo Belt (containing Poetry, Registration, Map, Medal, Sgt. York, Mini-timeline, Propaganda, Pocket Bible), The Prohibition, a Roaring 20s Film Strip Report, and the Stock Market Crash.
- I hope I'm not bothering you, but I felt led to quickly email you and let you know how much we are enjoying your Time Traveler Series. We own all of them, and they are FANTASTIC! Super high quality, creative projects, easy-to-follow instructions and just plain fun. I have kids from ages 10-14, and we have all really enjoyed this series. Thank you so much for your hard work....you are truly gifted. - Crystal Resler
- I will take a moment here to rave about how much we enjoy the activities in Homeschool in the Woods (HSITW) Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression. We have learned so much through these activities. We've discussed people and events that we would not have otherwise studied. Not only that, but I've discovered that many of the meals I enjoyed as a child were actually recipes from the Great Depression!... -Brandy Ferrell, Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood Blog
...Read the full review at: http://www.halfahundredacrewood.com/2012/01/simple-week.html
- History Study Time Travelers is a hands-on approach for learning history (U.S. history only at this time) for students in approximately grades 3 through 8. ... - Cathy Duffy
...Read the full review at: http://cathyduffyreviews.com/history-geography/history-study-time-travelers.htm